MTB hubs can make the difference, changing the bike’s sestup and performance. This is why they are indispensable components for the wheel, and should be chosen with care with an eye to high-quality products.
The bike's responsiveness in accelerations, the wheel's smoothness, performance in competition and wheel durability over time all depend on the hub. MTB hubs should be lightweight and give the bike a stiff setup. This combination increases responsiveness on even the most complex terrain.
The setup also depends on the shape of the spokes inserted in the hub. Straight pull spokes give the wheel more rigidity. J-bend spokes are a classic solution, and are more comfortable for the cyclist.
The most important hub components are:
- The central body, which must be made of lightweight and strong materials;
- he ball bearings, on which the wheel's smoothness and good operation depend over time. These should be maintained and cleaned regularly and can be replaced when worn;
- Sono soggetti a manutenzione e pulizia periodica e possono essere sostituiti quando sono usurati;
- The spoke locking system;
- Gear shifters compatibility.
Ursus MTB hubs
All Ursus MTB hubs are made from Ergal 7075 aluminium in the central body and use special ball bearings, specially developed and manufactured to increase smoothness and reduce exposure to dirt. Soil, dust and plant matter can damage MTB hubs, so Ursus ball bearings are fitted with special seals to slow aging and keep the hubs functional for longer.
All construction tolerances are in the order of hundredth of a millimetre or micron: all Ursus hubs are CNC (computer numerical control) designed.
The Ursus MTB hubs catalogue includes lightweight and strong aluminium hubs, suitable for different types of spokes and locking systems.
- Ursus XD30 in Ergal 7075 aluminium, for J-bend spokes, with Center Lock;
- Ursus XD31 in Ergal 7075 aluminium, for J-bend spokes, with six holes;
- Ursus XD50 in Ergal 7075 aluminium, for straight-pull spokes, with Center Lock;
- Ursus XD30 in Ergal 7075 aluminium, for straight-pull spokes, with six holes;
The front hub and rear hub are always included with MTB wheels. You can also buy Ursus hubs separately: our models are always compatible with Shimano, Campagnolo and SRAM.
Why choose Ursus?
The 7075 Ergal aluminium we use to manufacture our MTB hubs is a high-quality material with low weight to give the wheel stiffness. All models balance lightness, smoothness and stiffness, regardless of cost.
From design to manufacturing, our engineers constantly make product improvements to improve cyclist performance. Information comes directly from the experience of our professional teams and Ursus ambassadors.
Our customers also appreciate the aesthetics of our elegant but aggressive hubs. Like all Ursus products, MTB hubs are manufactured in Italy with an eye to the impact on the environment.